Job title: Vice President, Project Development
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 00:28:13 GMT
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Expected salary: $145000 – 185000 per year
Job description: JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Project Development to join our Project and Development Services team. Our team’s priorities are:
Delivering strategic solutions for clients Growing our SW Development Management business Actively collaborating across platforms Developing our people and inspiring others Supporting ambitions beyond the workplace Applying new technology and data to drive change
We are in search of a candidate who shares our priorities and will take charge of identifying, securing, and executing large development projects in the Los Angeles and Orange County markets. They will explore new client prospects and opportunities, and maintain a portfolio of client relationships in a variety of potential sectors including office, multi-family, healthcare, hospitality, and/or industrial in both the private/public sectors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume responsibility for achieving specific business development targets that are tied to managing and expanding selected client relationships, developing new relationships, and executing on large development projects.
- Responsible for leading the sourcing, pitching, and securing of new business and projects.
- Assist clients in developing real estate strategy linked to client business objectives.
- Lead relationship manager for multiple strategic alliance clients.
- Provide leadership across existing large development projects.
- Monitor trends in the local construction market including pricing of materials and labor.
- Lead team through project municipal approvals process from acquisition, and entitlements through project permitting
- Provide conceptual and pre-construction estimating for all aspects of development
- Directly and/or indirectly responsible for attracting, retaining, developing, succession planning and managing team members associated with development management.
- Approve, recommend and/or takes action regarding team talent.
- Manage a team of individuals who provide direct day-to-day project management and client relationship management.
- Ensure training and development of JLL team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for successful development management.
- Oversee and approve timely and accurate project documentation and reporting including, but not limited to: project meeting minutes, drafting of project work orders, project purchase orders, service contracts and change orders, verification of appropriate vendor insurance certificates, execution of project status updates, and executing vendor close-out letters.
- Oversee, approve or conduct contract negotiation/verification.
- Cultivate and maintain a positive working relationship with all client representatives and service providers.
- Recommend, establish or refine best practices of standards of excellence.
- Oversee the management of vendor and project team performance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, all regulating entities and client expectations.
- Make independent judgments related to operating procedures impacting assigned projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution.
- 10-15 years
- Extensive portfolio of development management across multiple market sectors.
- Public institution experience preferred.
- Master of all phases of project management including: pre-development management, feasibility, highest/best use, pro-forma development, rezoning, entitlements, design review, budgeting, planning and design, project milestone scheduling, services contracting of multidisciplinary project teams, conflict resolution, project implementation, project oversight and project closure.
- Experience with multiple contracting and project delivery methodologies including GMP, IPD, Lump Sum, Cost Plus, CMAR, etc.
- Ability to procure critical development team members including architects, engineers, attorneys, contractors, etc. through a competitive process to ensure a successful project delivery for JLL’s clients.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Stellar interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients as well as external team members (architects, contractors, client’s representatives, etc.).
- Extensive, proven positive experience effectively supervising, training, mentoring and evaluating several project managers at various levels within the organization or team.
- Ability to lead individuals across a national platform to deliver superior results in client service.
- Experience working with landlords, developers and institutional owners.
- Extensive experience presenting in pitches, RFP’s, etc. with proven winning track record.
- Face to face and/or remote daily interpersonal interaction with executive level talent and clients are required in order to perform the job.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional manner.
- Travel as needed and may range from 0-4 nights per week.
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- LEED, AIA, PE, PMP
Estimated compensation for this position is:
145,000.00 – 185,000.00 USD per year
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
On-site –Los Angeles, CA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit .
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page
I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an abs