Job title: Team Lead/Sr PM – Infrastructure & Critical Systems
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle
Job date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 03:50:48 GMT
Location: San Francisco, CA
Expected salary: $140000 – 150000 per year
Job description: JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
As a Team Lead & Senior Project Manager at JLL,. your priorities will lie in leveraging your expertise and focusing on clients’ priorities while leading a team of project managers and managing complex commercial and critical systems capital projects for a large financial institution with US Headquarters in Chicago. Being forward thinking and consistently demonstrating initiative to adopt new technologies and develop efficient processes is key to the impact you will have in this role. Your strong knowledge of building infrastructure & critical systems from start to finish will speak to your ability to push the business forward through innovative and industry changing ideas.
Responsibilities & Skillset:
- Provide subject matter expertise on and management for the design and construction of MEP systems/infrastructure projects either as a project manager or team management oversight varying in size and complexity.
- Accountable for the administration of a $20M Capital Plan within project team.
- Lead and support a team of project managers acting as a point of escalation.
- Manage and provide oversight, coordination and resolve complex project related issues.
- Provide effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques.
- In addition to providing a team leadership role, the position is expected to have outstanding client interface and communication relationships and addressing challenges aggressively.
- Develop and execute project specific and client driven goals, schedules, budgets, strategy, and detailed assumptions with methodology for accomplishing and/or managing goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria that meet both JLL and Client needs.
- Build and maintain rapport with client representatives and ensure that the scopes of project and outside business forces affecting the project is fully understood and that specific deliverables are fully understood with performance standards and other relevant criteria.
- Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of the internal team, project partners, clients and/or end users, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
- Support the client and team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and signoff.
- Review and understand the Integrated Project Schedule and manage the successful execution of project so that completion falls within intended timeframes.
- Support the preparation of various MEP/Critical System RFPs needed for vendor and contractor services as well as the contractor, vendor selection process.
- Facilitate initiation of all critical project meetings and coordination exercises with internal staff, key stakeholders, and external users to ensure responsibilities are efficiently, accurately, and effectively communicated and understood by all concerned.
- Monitor project performance against schedules, scheduled milestones and critical path items.
- Manage vendor and project team performance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, all regulating entities and client expectations.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors, and omissions, etc.) to Client Leadership Team
- Ensure that PDS Account Lead is fully and accurately informed of all projects, internal and client issues affecting the perception of the local, national and global reputation of the firm.
- Preference towards a Degree in Engineering, Degree in Construction Management, experience as a Chief Engineer, or experience as Engineering Manager.
- 10-15 years as a Project Manager or similar role
- People management experience including managing 2-3 direct reports.
- Project management certifications are a plus.
- Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to client and team to achieve project goals
- Strong knowledge of building systems, HVAC, mechanical, piping, including design, construction, and how these systems work
- Ability to think outside the box and lead the team in driving innovative procurement strategies, construction techniques and program sequencing.
- Experienced in Design and Management of MEP engineering and knowledge of the design process from proposal through construction phases
- Strong working knowledge of architectural and MEP drawings, pre-design and preconstruction, contract management, project delivery methods, building systems/components and technology, team building, and client relationship building
- Strong Scheduling, Project Accounting & Budgetary Capability
- Solutions Oriented Mindset, Pro-Active Approach, Strong Sense of Self Accountability & Drive
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Able to creatively solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients as well as external team members (architects, contractors, client’s representatives, etc.).
- Ability to manage all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, submittals, change orders.
- Fully competent at managing all types/sizes of projects.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications and MS Project.
Estimated compensation for this position is:
140,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD per year
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Remote –Chicago, IL, San Francisco, CA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit .
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process –