Job title: Sr Maintenance Manager
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle
Job date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 02:56:05 GMT
Location: Sacramento, CA
Expected salary: $156000 – 187200 per year
Job description: JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
About the Role
As a Senior Maintenance Manager, you will lead our site-based maintenance team. The team is comprised of a Maintenance Manager, Area Maintenance Managers and maintenance technicians reporting to the Regional Maintenance Manager. The primary responsibilities are to lead a large maintenance team that maximizes equipment uptime, executes equipment maintenance and projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced subject matter expert in maintenance, workplace safety, and data driven management and leadership. A background in material handling equipment systems/applications, packaging automation, distribution processes and storage systems are a plus. The candidate must be a self-starter, possessing the ability to manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously as well as be able to influence, and develop relationships at all organization levels. The candidate must be capable of overseeing the maintenance acceptance of part of commissioning large-scale, complex projects. Moreover, this individual will need to be adept at providing technical leadership and mentoring to a Maintenance team of at least of 80 people.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Provide leadership, mentor and manage site-based Maintenance Managers and Area Maintenance Manager in the North American Fulfilment Network.
- Develop Maintenance Department business plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
- Develop and implement reliability plans that support increasing the uptime of the facility
- Drive maintenance Best Practices: Innovate, document, improve work methods, standardize, provide a safe work environment and require safe work practices, train, commission equipment, collect, measure, and analyze key performance indicators to improve processes and improve customers experience.
- Offer guidance to senior leadership on maintenance and equipment end of life (EOL) issues using ROI, and other analytical techniques.
- Provide oversight for budget development and execution, and capital planning.
- Help manage vendor support and equipment relationships and leverage network size to maximize economies of scale.
- Provide monitoring, auditing and enforcement of maintenance execution, safe work practices, and institute and audit training drills across the network.
- Leverage the entire maintenance team for the benefit of the North American network.
- Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
- Provide Fulfilment Center General Managers with visibility over the Conduct of Maintenance in their Fulfilment Centers.
- Recruit, interview, and hire bar raising talent in the Maintenance Managers and Maintenance Area Manager roles.
- Help create a world-class Maintenance organization.
- Be willing and able to relocate.
- Travel up to 20% at a minimum.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous corporate and/or regional Maintenance roles leading 80 or more employees including salaried employees.
- Experience leading change and maintenance teams in multiple site environments.
- 7+ years’ experience managing employees and their performance.
- Strong communication, teambuilding, and influencing skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with high expectations.
- Thinks big! Proficient data analyst and new processes developer/adapter.
- Self-starter. Strong evidence of driving goals with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Experienced in material handling equipment and large, complex integrated systems maintenance with strong statistical analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the major MHE integrators.
- Exposure to Lean Concepts, TOC, layout design, cost/benefit analysis, labor productivity analysis (time studies, standardized work), safety/ergonomic/human factors.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and SQL.
- MBA or other Master’s degree and/or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification a plus.
- Professional engineering registration a plus.
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking during
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 49 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Estimated compensation for this position is:
156,000.00 – 187,200.00 USD per year
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
On-site –Sacramento, CA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit .
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page
I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California