Job title: Sous Chef
Company: Alila Marea
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 02:24:28 GMT
Location: San Diego, CA
Expected salary: $75000 per year
Job description: Description:
Are you looking for a job that offers not only a fulfilling work experience but also the chance to be part of an idyllic coastal community? Look no further than Alila Marea Beach Resort! Nestled seamlessly into the picturesque bluffs of Encinitas, our resort is an innovative expression of eco-design that embodies the quintessential Southern California lifestyle. With South Ponto Beach and Batiquitos Lagoon just steps away, you’ll have endless opportunities for both relaxation and adventure.
But that’s not all – our location also puts you within reach of the charming cafes, boutiques, and beach enclaves that line California Coast Highway 101. At Alila Marea Beach Resort, you’ll not only have the chance to work in a beautiful setting, but you’ll also be part of a vibrant community. Apply now to join our team and experience the best of Southern California living.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences to each every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met-they’re exceeded. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It’s a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through: Innovative, Respect, Service-Oriented and Inclusion. Innovative, Hyatt is forward thinking and passionate as we seek new ways to advance in the hospitality industry. Respect, Hyatt associates are inspired by the team’s spirit and camaraderie given to one another. Service-Oriented, Hyatt is customer focused by providing authentic hospitality in every way every time. Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent.
The goal of the Sous Chef is to manage a specific department and work with the Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef to create, implement and maintain quality standards. In some instances the Sous Chef will be expected to be responsible for the entire operation in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef. The ideal Sous Chef will accomplish their tasks by monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support and guidance to the culinary team, ending in a positive guest experience.
- Support senior leadership by developing and assuming basic management responsibilities
- Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Supervise the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to Hyatt brand standards
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions
- Manage hourly kitchen employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and hiring
- May manage other key culinary leadership rolls including supervisor and other less senior Sous Chefs
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
In keeping with Hyatt’s Values of Wellbeing, the company offers a rich benefit program with a variety of benefits designed to enrich the lives and well-being of our colleagues and their lives outside of work.
- Medical coverage, including dental & vision coverage (for full-time colleagues after 30 days)
- 401K w/company match
- Complimentary parking
- 25% off in-house F&B
- 12 Complimentary Room Nights across our Hyatt portfolio (after 90 days)
- Friends and Family rates across our Hyatt portfolio immediately
- Hyatt discounts and partner discounts
- Paid Time Off (Up to 10 Vacation days, 6 Paid Holidays, 2 extra Paid Floating Holidays, sick and bereavement.
- Colleague celebrations, including Quarterly Awards, BBQ’s, and holiday parties
The salary for this position is $75,000. This is the pay range for this position that Alila Marea reasonably expects to pay. Decisions regarding individual salaries will be based on a number of factors, such as experience and education.
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Experience with training, basic financial management and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Strong training and communication skills
- Culinary education and/or on the job training, hotel experience preferred
- Geographic and schedule flexibility preferred
Hyatt develops Sous Chefs to progress into the role of Executive Sous Chef through the training of Banquets, Restaurants and Garde Manager. Sous Chefs report directly to the Executive Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef.
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts believes in strong commitment to promotion from within. Begin your career today as the Sous Chef and find yourself as a Executive Sous Chef within a few years. 70% of management hired is from within Hyatt, 89% of Managing Committee is promoted from within. The statistics are there; make it your next step!
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in the culinary field. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Apply for the job now!