Job title: Sales Manager
Company: Richmond Marriott Short Pump
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:40:55 GMT
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Expected salary: $50000 – 60000 per year
Job description: POSITION: Sales Manager
SUPERVISOR: Director of Sales/General Manager
POSITION OVERVIEW: This position involves high guest contact and presents the first point of contact for our future guests. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager effectively solicits, qualifies, negotiates and closes with all group accounts within the Corporate, Association and Government market segment(s) to positively impact hotel revenues and market share goals.
This industry functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in accordance with company standards is essential for success in this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred. Experience with hotel sales systems is preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in sales, customer service related position or hotel experience
- Able to solve problems and make sound business
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Knowledge of general sales
- Yield management
- Effective business writing
- Good understanding of the English
- Good communication skills both written and
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 25
- Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 100
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their
- Work environment – Sales office, banquet rooms, and all areas of the hotel. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and
- Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state driver’s license in order to make
- Knowledge of the local
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment
- Be in proper uniform, with nametag
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Work to resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with guests as well as team members
- Maintain knowledge of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures and scheduled daily group
- Be familiar with all local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions to best expedite these
- Ensure that all VIPs are pre-registered according to standards. Monitor VIP arrivals and be sure to greet them upon check-in to the hotel.
- Send prospecting emails and make regular sales calls to new and existing clients to sell them on the use of our hotel, to hold their business meetings and accommodate their overnight guests
- Respond to business inquiries and RFPs in a timely manner, as well as schedule site visits to meet with potential clients and ensure that the hotel gets new and return clients
- Keep a record of all the existing clients and prospective clients and contact them on a regular basis to inform them about new services or offers being given by the hotel
- Enters key account information accurately and urgently into hotel CRM software, in addition to using the software to meet goals and track daily business activities
- Agree upon the terms and conditions of the contract with a client and prepare the paperwork required, ensuring that both hotel management and clients are satisfied with the Sales agreement prior to signing
- Submit regular reports to the management of the hotel regarding sales details, on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times
- Assists in handling emergencies in order to protect our guest and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. Must act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, Commonwealth Lodging Management and hotel policies and procedures. As well as the brand standards, policies and
- This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position.
Apply for the job now!