Job title: Sales Coordinator
Company: Arlo Hotels – Quadrum Hospitality Group LLC
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:23:05 GMT
Location: New York City, NY
Expected salary: $70000 – 75000 per year
Job description: Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Sales Coordinator. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more” ……
This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the NYC Business Transient Sales Team in daily sales operations in the sales department capacity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Ensure all inquiries are entered properly into the inquiry form and Delphi as requested. Qualifies the inquiry properly and passes it to the appropriate Sales Director/Manager.
- Provide clients with detailed information regarding the hotel, its facilities, and surrounding areas. Reply to inquiries the same day.
- Ensures prompt issuance of proposals, corporate rate agreement and collateral requests given by Sales.
- Assists Sales with booking events by following up on booking procedures i.e. getting history, requesting deposits, credit/direct billing applications, credit card authorization forms etc. and follow up on group’s success while on site and after event for re-booking purposes (within hotel policy)
- Tracks monthly production of corporate/consortia accounts
- Acts as key administrator on Lanyon for corporate/consortia RFPs. During RFP season, Lanyon must be checked twice daily, all incoming RFPs must be submitted on time
- Conducts site inspections with clients as needed.
- Meets and greets clients in a professional and hospitable manner. Being the first face for the sales department for incoming calls and visitors. Also acts as liaison between Sales and clients.
- Attends sales meetings and any other meetings as required, takes minutes for meetings as requested
- Files a variety of materials and updates the sales activity trace system. Ensures a properly organized work environment
- Prepares special requests and amenities as required for VIP guests.
- Replenish sales kit supplies office supply for the sales team as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of in-house sales promotions, receptions and client functions
- Ensure sales share drive has all relevant and up to date files. Organizes and updates in Opera + Delphi accounts and contacts.
- Attends client/association/company events as required
- Actively upsells each request to maximum profitability and sales
- Assists in the handling of telephone, email and walk-in inquiries
- Consults with Accounting, Front Desk, and F&B Department on billing procedures as required
- Maintains and updates the directory listings
- Follows-up on bookings and obtains additional information to complete the sales files
- Maintains and updates the Delphi database
- Making individual reservations; add special requests and notes as necessary.
- Ascertain VIP client requirements/needs and ensure they are communicated to the operating departments
- Ensure for individual reservations hotel guarantee, deposit, and cancelation policies are adhered to
- Ensure credit card authorization forms are filled out correctly and input into opera as needed.
- Assist Area Group Service Manager when out for Group reservation items as needed.
- Provides clients with a level of service that meets or exceeds their expectations
- Assists Sales Directors/Managers in maintaining strong relationship with key accounts
- Maintains an updated file of potential and existing clients with detailed information profile about their potential and production
- Assists Sales Directors/Managers in preparing and submitting production reports, activity reports, sales trip & expense reports, action plans, and other reports as necessary in a timely manner
- Participates in trade shows and blitzes as required
- Initiates mailings to obtain better market saturation
- Stays current on competition and market place
- Conducts competitive price shopping to ensure hotel is appropriately price for all season in specific market segment
- Responds to customer complaints, giving out information and resolving problems. Involves Director of Sales, Assistant General Manager, and General Manager as necessary
- Assists in the preparation of weekly activities and sales call plans outlining activities, proposals and business overall as necessary
- Assist with preparation of profit plan, rate plan, forecasting, budgeting and any other reports as required by Management
- Photocopies and distributes a variety of materials such as incoming and outgoing mail. Sends facsimile and email messages
- Assist with and facilitates sale policies and procedures, development, enhancing and implementing thereof
- Enters, edits and cancels bookings in computer as required
- Maintains an updated file of clients and prospects
- Records and logs inquiries
- Ensures continuous inventory of collateral of brochures and other materials for distribution/mailings to guests, tradeshows, walk-ins
- Updates and maintains mailing lists
- Completes purchase orders for any purchase requests
- Complies with hotel policies and procedures
- Act as key Operator for Opera, including follow up and resolving any sales issues.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Experience in and administrative office environment.
- College or university degree.
- Knowledge of general hotel operations.
- Knowledge of general administrative duties and use of Microsoft programs
- Knowledge of hotel system such as, Opera Cloud PMS, Delphi S&C System, Lanyon, Celopay.
$70,000 – $75,000 Annually
Apply for the job now!