Job title: Sales and Catering Coordinator
Company: Radiate Hospitality, LLC
Job date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 23:39:50 GMT
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Expected salary: $30 – 35 per hour
Job description: What We Look For…
We are in search of an organized, friendly, customer and team oriented Sales and Catering Coordinator who will be responsible for assisting the Sales Department with sales leads and inquiries, contract processing, and preparing reports. The Sales and Catering Coordinator position has the opportunity to develop responsibilities of a full scale Sales or Catering Manager.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Accurately type and disseminate proposals, contracts, corporate bids and general correspondence in a timely manner. Handle all direct mail projects, as needed.
- Maintain Sales & Catering Department filing system.
- Assist with client deposits, rooming lists and follow up.
- Prepare ‘donation letter’ certificates and mail on a timely basis.
- Print reports for Sales & Catering Managers as requested and submit to clients on a timely basis working with the front office operational team.
- All administrative duties required by the sales and catering team.
- Accurately distribute all Sales & Catering Reports as needed on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Work with accounting to ensure all group commissions are processed and accurate.
- Monitor all general mailboxes for sales inquiries and assist with assignments and responses with Sales & Catering team.
- Be continually alert for the safety of all employees and guests, reporting any unsafe conditions to your immediate supervisor.
- Follow hotel grooming and dress standards, including always wearing a name tag; minimize safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- Keep Supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Perform any other job duties as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing, Catering Sales Manager, Manager on Duty, or the General Manager.
- Coordinate all communication between the sales department and operational departments in the hotel by assisting with group turnovers; rooming lists; billing; resumes; BEO’s or other items deemed necessary for the smooth execution of groups/events.
- Represent the hotel to potential customers to promote sales social events and food and beverage services as requested by sales team.
- Manage customer services assisting with the setup of site visits, board meetings, menu testing, and planning meetings for definite and potential groups.
- Be the initial contact for all social catering events requesting information. Ensure that all inquiries are properly logged into the sales system with all correspondence attached for future follow ups.
- Assist Catering Sales Manager in detailing events based on property business levels.
- Work directly with Front Office team to provide accurate rooming list to clients on a timely basis and ensures that all group block cut-off dates are communicated, and blocks are netted for accurate forecasting based on pick-up.
- Work with Banquet team to ensure meeting rooms are set to client expectations and assist clients with last-minute changes needed to ensure a successful event.
- Participate in weekly group pick-up meetings.
- Assist Sales and Catering Managers in preparing reports as needed.
- Sales duties to include initial response for information, room upgrades, additional F&B offerings, audio-visual and/or catering sales based on the needs of the hotel and assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as determined by the Director of Sales (eg: forecast, menu review, department, pre-cons, operational department pre-shift, etc.).
- Communicate with banquet, kitchen, setup service staff, front office, accounting as needed.
- Assist with catering/sales inquiries as a team member covering when OOO.
- Assists with departmental administrative duties as requested by Director of Sales.
- Assists all operational departments with administrative requirements as needed to ensure smooth operational excellence in the hotel.
- Participate in internal and external training as required.
- At all times project a favorable image of the Hotel to the public.
- Act as a role model of Radiate Hospitality Core Values.
- Complies with all Federal and State employment laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
The Model Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous hospitality sales or related systems experience preferred.
- Experience required: entry level position.
Be Bold. Apply Now.
Like what you see? If interested, please apply now to be considered for this position.
**Radiate Hospitality is an EOE M/F/D/V**
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Apply for the job now!