Job title: Rooms Operations Manager
Job date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 08:20:39 GMT
Location: Arlington, VA
Expected salary: $60000 – 75000 per year
Job description: Additional Information Position will focus on housekeeping and front office
Job Number 24022865
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City, 1250 S. Hayes Street, Arlington, Virginia, United States
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Assists in managing the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g.,Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance, Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Monitors compliance with standards and procedures. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Room Operations Team
- Verifies that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths.
- Verifies that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
- Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Managing Property Rooms Operations Function(s)
- Assists in managing the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g., Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance, Housekeeping).
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
- Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
- Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
- Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
- Performs hourly job functions as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
- Understands the brand’s service culture.
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Responds timely to customer service department request.
- Verifies that all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
- Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with General Manager (GM) & Regional Director (RD).
- Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Strives to maximize the financial performance of the department.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
- Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
- Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process, where applicable.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000 annually. Marriott offers a bonus program, comprehensive health care benefits, 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match, employee stock purchase plan at 15% discount, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, group disability insurance, travel discounts, adoption assistance, paid parental leave, health savings account (except for positions based out of or performed in Hawaii), flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, pre-tax commuter benefits, other life and work wellness benefits, and may include other incentives such as stock awards and deferred compensation plans. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
The compensation and benefits information is provided as of the date of this posting. Marriott reserves the right to modify compensation and benefits at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. Attracting the world’s top hospitality professionals who curate lifelong memories, we believe that everyone succeeds when they are empowered to be creative, thoughtful and compassionate.
Every day, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over and pride ourselves on delivering excellence in the care and comfort of our guests.
Your role will be to ensure that the “Gold Standards” of The Ritz-Carlton are delivered graciously and thoughtfully every day. The Gold Standards are the foundation of The Ritz-Carlton and are what guides us each day to be better than the next. It is this foundation and our belief that our culture drives success by which The Ritz Carlton has earned the reputation as a global brand leader in luxury hospitality. As part of our team, you will learn and exemplify the Gold Standards, such as our Employee Promise, Credo and our Service Values. And our promise to you is that we offer the chance to be proud of the work you do and who you work with.
In joining The Ritz-Carlton, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.
Apply for the job now!