Job title: Rooms Division Manager, Ft. Lauderdale
Company: Princess Cruises
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 01:44:04 GMT
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Expected salary: $83200 – 112300 per year
Job description: Job Description
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company, carrying millions of guests each year to hundreds of destinations around the globe. We give our guests the Medallion Class experience others simply can’t. The Love Boat promises something for everyone.
We’re looking for an amazing Rooms Division Manager. This role will be based in our Ft. Lauderdale office.
You’ll be responsible to drive a diverse Rooms Division team to consistently deliver excellent cleanliness, sanitation, laundry and product standards in guest and teammate areas that embraces MedallionClass technology, service excellence and experiential ownership. They will guide and encourage Rooms Division leadership onboard to build a culture that drives all related guest experience ratings, profitability, and service excellence, in a compliant, safe and healthy environment in accordance with Princess brand standards and HESS protocols.
Here’s a summary of what Princess is looking for in its Rooms Division Manager. Is this you?
- Monitors and drives overall performance of the of Rooms Division (Housekeeping and Laundry) with focus on NPS and other key guest satisfaction metrics.
- Conducts regular ship visits to ensure product delivery standards are maintained, and guest service standards are always met.
- Helps establish and monitor Rooms Division product specifications related to linen, bedding standards and amenities.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, promotion, and scheduling of shipboard Rooms Division leadership positions (Rooms Division Manager, Assistant Rooms Division Manager).
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of Rooms Division MedallionClass products and ensures they are effectively embraced and used onboard.
- Manages all Rooms Division expenditures within the budget allocation.
- Develops annual capital expenditure and operational budget requests within company guidelines.
- Coordinates onboard resources to respond to outbreak situations that necessitates increased sanitation levels.
- Will be the principle shoreside contact for shipboard Rooms Division Managers establishing regular team calls
- Ensures and assesses that there is a department culture across the fleet for a harassment-free environment and instills our Culture Essentials and Core Values at every opportunity. Always leads by example and fosters inclusion and diversity, addressing findings as needed.
- Ensures shipboard teams understand and comply with all applicable policies and procedures including HESS policies. and ensures through shipboard visits and other means that the fleet is in continuous compliance with all hotel related public health policies.
- High School Diploma/GED or associate degree
- Certified Housekeeping Manger (CHM) or Certified Executive Housekeeper (CEH)
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in cruise industry or mixture of shipboard / land-based hotel operation.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience as a Housekeeping Manager onboard cruise ship.
- Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision-making, problem-solving, and delivery of results.
- Comfortable following directions, guidelines, and work objectives.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations with effective written and oral communications skills.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Leads by embracing an inclusive and diverse culture.
- Strong people management skills, ability to effectively lead in a cross-functional team environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Identify and resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Travel to shipboard 50% Plus
What You Can Expect
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
- Base Salary Range: $83,200.00 to $112,300.00. The range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates’ qualifications and experience uniquely.
Our Culture… Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: .
Princess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact
Apply for the job now!