Job title: Restaurant Manager
Company: JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery
Job date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 23:13:51 GMT
Location: Paso Robles, CA
Expected salary: $80000 – 95000 per year
Job description: Company Description
JUSTIN is an award-winning winery and fine dining establishment in Paso Robles. Recently awarded a Michelin Star and Michelin Green Star, The continues to be recognized as the premier dining room on the Central Coast. The Restaurant offers dinner service up to 5 nights a week. We are looking for a leader, who is determined to build off our recent successes and continue to strive for further recognition.
We are hiring an experienced Restaurant Manager to support The Restaurant operations at JUSTIN. The ideal candidate must be able to efficiently run front-of-house activities and teams, actively drive performance by achieving metrics of the restaurant, and partner with the culinary team to continuously elevate the guest experience. This position requires a very strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, sales mentality, and luxury customer service experience.
This is a full-time position, and the right candidate must have the flexibility to work evenings and long shifts.
- Leads and maintains dining room service delivery in accordance with Forbes 5-star service standards
- Interfaces with guests at every stage of service (Welcome, Wine Service, Food Service, Surprise and Delight, Departure, Post)
- Builds, organizes, and reports on an award-winning wine program
- Researches and maintains on the forefront of luxury hospitality happenings
- Delivers necessary food and wine metrics (covers, revenues, costs, margin, etc.)
- Resolves guest issues, upholding over 99.5% Customer Satisfaction
- Manages all customer touchpoints, collateral, assets and inventories of service items, including wine
- Hires, trains and supports all dining room staff
- Leads focused trainings for the team
- Responsible for completing annual performance review process for direct reports
- Monitors, responds and assists Marketing with maximizing exposure for all third-party listing, review and ratings sites
- Sends nightly, weekly & monthly reports as required (such as covers, average revenue/cover, wine sales, total performance to budget, etc.)
- Works to conduct regular outreach with local hotels, restaurants, wineries, etc.
- Helps devise the strategy to increase traffic to the winery including a focus on lunch, dinner, and private events
- Works to develop and open (including crafting business plans and service flows) other Food Service Outlets or locations (along with the Hospitality Executive Team)
- Helps manage the F&B POS. Sourcing new IT solutions or selecting platforms to help drive sales or efficiency when needed
- Works hand-in-hand with the Executive Chef to create updates or crafts menus – submitting format changes for approval of the AVP of Hospitality
- Attends meetings, trainings and courses as directed by management
- Functions as a Manager-on-Duty in other departments as needed, or when other managers are absent
- 2+ years experience managing fine dining establishments (restaurants accredited with Michelin, Forbes or AAA Five Diamond Standards are strongly desired)
- 1-2 years of wine sales knowledge is preferred
- Strong understanding of Luxury/Fine Dining Standards (Forbes/Michelin)
- Sommelier Level I (level II or III preferred) or willingness to get certified within 6 months of employment (company sponsored)
- Serve Safe / Food Handling Card
- Strong organizational skills, customer service, restaurant, and event planning/execution experience required
- Possesses excellent written communication skills and composes email and other written correspondence in a professional manner
- Must be detail oriented – pays special attention to all facets of the guest experience at JUSTIN
- Strong sense of urgency in matters related to revenue and building the business
- Ability to work well under pressure and establish direction
- Able to organize or craft a working budget, including making labor schedules, and designing targets
Pay Range: $80,000 – $95,000 base salary and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (
) – allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice * Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit .We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: .
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law –
Apply for the job now!