Job title: Reservations and Resort Services Manager
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 04:50:33 GMT
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Expected salary: $70600 – 90000 per year
Job description: Description:
Find your place at Park Hyatt Aviara: Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a family that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity and fun. At Hyatt, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our purpose, to care for people, so they can be their best.
ABOUT THE ROLE – Reservations and Resort Services Manager
The ideal candidate will have a personalized, creative approach to executing customer service and facilities as aligned with guest and colleague experiences throughout the hotel through both the lens of Miraval and Forbes. As the senior leader of the Reservations and Resort Services team you play a key part in pre-arrival, in-stay and post departure guest interactions, with the goal of driving guest experience satisfaction and a genuine wellness experience while driving revenue to all experience throughout the resort. The role has a broad set of responsibilities and empowerment to make decisions in the best interest of guest and colleague experience. This role is responsible for implementing leadership systems, standards and practices to control rooms and spa inventories. This person participates in strategic hotel meetings involving Hotel Reservations, Memberships (Miraval). This leader will oversee the hotel/Miraval reservations and resort services department. Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, overseeing the group sales and reservations processes for the entire resort, monitoring and assessing all lost business reports, monitor and implement strategies for Internet distribution channels, and training and development of all resort services personnel. The person selected for this position must be able to articulate customer service in a luxury manner, anticipating guest/colleague needs and recognizing opportunities to offer additional products, services and engagement opportunities. This leader reports directly to the Director of Rooms.
The salary range for this position is $70,600 to $90,000. This is the pay range for this position that Park Hyatt Aviara reasonably expects to pay. Decisions regarding individual salaries will be based on a number of factors, such as experience and education.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Knowledge of Hyatt, Forbes 5 Star and AAA 5 Diamond Luxury Standards and Service Expectations
- Ability to speak knowledgably about Resort and Area offerings including but not limited to hotel reservations, Miraval pool and cabanas, spa, golf, restaurants, groups, conventions and area attractions including Restaurants, Outdoor Activities, Zoo, Flower Fields and further personalized recommendations tailored to each individual
- Professional, personalized and engaging luxury service required
- Completing in-room dining (room service orders) as trained in a luxury, anticipatory many
- React quickly to guest service opportunities and recovery, logging and notifying proper areas where appropriate and take ownership of recovery process with support of leadership team
- This individual is responsible for answering incoming calls to the resort and must have good typing skills, a pleasant attitude and excellent phone demeanor
- Correspond with guests in a professional manner before, during and after their stay
- Experience with as many of the following hotel systems is preferred: Opera, Reserve, HotSOS, Zingle, Open Table, Infrasys or Micros, Book4Time, Alice (Go Concierge)
- Genuine interest in teamwork toward attaining excellence in guest experience
- Exceptional written and oral presentation with guests and inter-hotel communications
- Knowledge of all Microsoft office applications such as Word and PowerPoint
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF WORKING AT THE PARK HYATT AVIARA?
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and your dependents after 30 days of Full Time employment
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Unlimited growth potential with Hyatt. Ability to relocate for advancement opportunities in the future
- Teaching hotel where you can learn from some of the best in the business
- Complimentary hotel nights and discounts at Hyatt properties around the world
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Matching
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Complimentary Employee Meal
- Complimentary Parking
- Referral Bonuses
Hyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States. This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
- Preferred Experience within Luxury 5 Star Hotel and/or Hyatt Hotels & Resorts in a capacity of delivering outstanding guest experience in Reservations, Front Office, Spa and/or Food & Beverage
- 3+ years of experience in customer interactions within Hotels and/or Food & Beverage
- Excellent mathematical, written, spoken, technical and computer skills
- Desire for building a career in hospitality preferred
- Degree and Certifications in Business or Hotel Management Preferred
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
- Must have flexible schedule, including morning, afternoon, evenings, weekends and holidays. Shift start and end times vary with business demands
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of information and pertinent data
- Prioritize and engage in multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be detailed in your approach and thorough in your follow up in both action and communication
Apply for the job now!