Job title: Overnight Front Desk Supervisor
Company: La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
Job date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 23:12:37 GMT
Location: San Diego, CA
Expected salary: $22.5 per hour
Job description: The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club is currently seeking an Overnight Front Desk Supervisor to join our team at our beautiful oceanfront property!
Be a part of the diverse team at La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc. Our landmark hotels and restaurants have become La Jolla institutions, which are founded on family values and community mindedness. La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc. offers excellent benefits and a great work environment for our employees.
What we offer:
- Free daily meal and salad bar
- Free parking
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K (based on employment status)
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday time
- Dining discounts for employees (and up to 6 guests) at the Marine Room, The Shores Restaurant, and our Club Dining!
- Property retail shop and hotel discounts
- $500 referral bonus for referring new employees to The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
What we ask:
- Consistently provide professional, attentive, and genuinely friendly service
- Promote and follow LJBTC, Inc’s Signature Service standards and requirements to ensure a lasting impression of exemplary service resulting in satisfied and loyal members and guests
Schedule: Full Time
Must be available holidays and weekends
Supervise overnight staff and complete all night audit operations while solving problems, acting as Manager on Duty and assisting in any issues that arise throughout property. Interacts with guests and members by checking in and out and assisting however needed by performing the following duties. Promotes and follows LJBTC, Inc.’s Signature Service standards and requirements ensuring a lasting impression of exemplary service resulting in supremely satisfied and loyal members and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts Night Audit
- Checks guests in and out.
- Assists guests with items such as property amenities, directions, information about the area, etc.
- Adjusts complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Handles cash and charge transactions from the day, maintains accurate records and balances at the end of each shift.
- Makes electronic transfers. Balances credit cards, front desk and restaurant transactions.
- Conducts wake-up calls for guests.
- Processes daily information from Restaurants and runs daily guest list reports.
- Reconciles revenue position accounts on a daily basis and inputs information from reports into computer.
- Prepares and distributes daily and other reports to the restaurants, Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Retail Outlets (Tennis, Golf)
- Provides direction to security staff during shift when required.
- Performs key audit and re-keys guest room locks when necessary.
- Functions as M.O.D. (Manager on Duty) during shift, providing direction to the Security Staff as needed and performing all supervisory and management functions of the M.O.D.
- Dispatches daily maintenance calls and work request orders to Engineering.
- Writes Incident, Accident and Guest Comment reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The leadership provided by the front desk supervisors will have a great effect on the guest impression of the entire organization. The Supervisor’s roll in motivation and training will lead to friendly and efficient guest services and will enhance guest comfort and satisfaction.
Supervises subordinates in the Front Desk, Bell stand, and PBX. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these individuals. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two‑year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous hotel front desk experience required. OPERA experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in English to customers, managers, guests, or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit;; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees are required to perform all tasks as safely as possible and to adhere to the applicable safety procedures.
The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club is committed to ensuring a safe work environment for all employees. In compliance with federal “Right to Know” requirements, the company freely discloses this information so that all employees are informed about
potential hazards in the work place. We encourage all employees to immediately report any known or potentially dangerous hazards to management.
Employees in this position have daily contact and interaction with members, guests, and visitors as well as the housekeeping and engineering departments. This position also requires frequent interaction with many other departments. Employees in this position must have the ability to communicate effectively and provide friendly customer service to these and all other designated internal and external customers.
This company operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Shifts will generally be rotated unless you were hired for a specific shift, as much as possible to be fair to everyone. At times it may be necessary to move you from your accustomed shift if business or task assignments demand. In addition, it should be understood that business needs determine the number of hours that you work.
LJBTC INC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for the job now!