Job title: MWR Front Desk Associate – FLEX
Company: Federal government of the United States
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 06:40:50 GMT
Location: Monterey, CA
Expected salary: $20 – 22 per hour
Job description: Summary
This position is located at the historical Hotel Del Monte operation at Naval Support Activity Monterey. The purpose of this position is to perform front desk and/or reservation functions for the lodging program.
- Accepting applications
Open & closing dates
02/01/2024 to 02/29/2024
$20 – $22 per hour
This is job qualifies for our up to $1750 incentive bonus program
Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Intermittent – 0-40 hours per week. Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Job family (Series)
Position sensitivity and risk
Trust determination process
NSAM 16-24 FEB
This job is open to
The incumbent works under normal supervision. Incumbent is expected to perform daily work on own initiative and carry out assignments in accordance with DOD and Navy regulations. The leader/supervisor will provide suggestions for handling unusual situations. The purpose of the work is to provide front desk services. The work directly contributes to the military members, retirees, civilians and family member’s quality of life, mission readiness and contributes to job satisfaction and retention of valuable members. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures security of all guests is maintained at all times
- Ensures guest privacy is maintained at all times.
- Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills; professionally interact with guests; answering guest questions concerning hotel facilities; and provide information about local attractions.
- Provide assistance in handling customer complaints, involving management as necessary.
- Utilizes the Property Management System (PMS) to access the guest information, retrieve reservation information, change or cancel reservations as requested by the guest, or register guests.
- Verifies registration information, secures a credit card for incidental expenses, and authorizes credit card for room charges.
- Provides guests with their room key or card.
- Receives requests and processes reservations within established guidelines.
- When rooms are not available, provides a certificate of non-availability (CNA) and/or alternative lodging in the area.
- Registers and assigns rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guest accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments as necessary.
- Receives and is accountable for a change fund.
- Prepares Close Bank Report and deposits cash receipts at the end of each shift in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for inventorying all keys and any other supplies or amenities maintained at the front desk. Keeps the front desk and
- lobby area clean and neat.
- May be required to run and print various reports from the PMS such as Expected Arrivals, Departure List, In-House Guest List and Night Audit reports.
- Answers phones and transfers calls to appropriate individuals and replies to guest questions.
- Logs trouble calls in the PMS and ensures the appropriate department is notified.
- Relocates guest to a different room when required.
- May be required to retrieve Lost and Found items and contact the guest regarding lost or found items.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The leader/supervisor makes selected continuing or individual assignments by indicating generally what is to be done; the limitation, quantity, and the priority or deadline of assigned work tasks.
- Recurring assignments are carried out independently without specific instructions. Situations involving unfamiliar problems not covered by instructions are referred to the supervisor for resolution.
- Completed assignments are reviewed to assure that work practices, techniques, records, and other functions are technically accurate and in compliance with instructions.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
- Requirements include extended periods of standing; walking and lifting/carrying objects up to 30 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Work is primarily performed indoors in areas that normally have adequate heat, light and ventilation.
Conditions of Employment
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
- Must successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment.
Resumes must include information which demonstrates experience and knowledge, skills, and ability (KSAs) as they relate to this position. Applicants are encouraged to be clear and specific when describing their experience level and KSAs.A qualified candidate possess the following:
- Preferred 6 months of work experience that demonstrates knowledge of basic principles, concepts, standards, and regulations related to hospitality operations.
- Must be skilled in the use of a personal computer and various software programs.
- Must possess basic math and reading skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to handle, control, and account for large amounts of cash.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Executive Order 12564 requires a Federal workplace free of illegal drugs. According to the Executive Order, all Federal employees are required to remain drug free throughout their employment. Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic Command is a Drug-Free Federal Workplace. The use of illegal drugs will not be tolerated, and use of or intoxication by illegal drugs will result in penalties up to and including removal from Federal Service.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. .
Apply for the job now!