Job title: Lead Custodian
Company: Aspen Skiing
Job date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:20:21 GMT
Location: Basalt, CO
Expected salary: $22 per hour
Job description: Company Description
Established in 1946, Aspen Skiing Company, also known as Aspen Snowmass, owns and operates four mountains—Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk—creating premium, sustainable and transformative experiences in recreation, culture, and nature. In addition, the company runs the award-winning Aspen Snowmass Ski & Snowboard School, Four Mountain Sports rental and retail shops, and a collection of sustainably-sourced on-mountain food & beverage outlets. Aspen Skiing Company also owns Aspen Hospitality, which is comprised of The Little Nell and Limelight Hotel brands and ASPENX, a contemporary retail and experience brand. Across all divisions, Aspen Skiing Company works to drive positive social change through climate, community, and minority group advocacy and investment. For more information about Aspen Snowmass, visit .
The Lead Custodian is responsible for the cleanliness and presentation of ASC Employee Housing properties. They will set the highest quality standards possible as they relate to cleanliness to ensure proper building operations and guest and employee experience. They will manage and maintain cleaning in a manner that extends the life of equipment and all ASC assets along with conserving energy as a top priority.
The budgeted pay rate for this position is $22.00 per hour. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience.
Job Posting Deadline
Applications for this position will be accepted until March 1, 2024.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain a safe working knowledge of all operating equipment, keeping equipment operational and clean, responsible for proper storage at end of use
- Responsible for bathroom cleaning including all bathroom fixtures including sinks, showers, walls, toilets, floors and urinals
- Cleans kitchen areas, specific to each location
- Responsible for cleaning of common areas including stairwells, ledges, furniture, floors, walls, vents, lighting, elevators, windows and doors
- Train other employees in standards and procedures and run the custodial department in the absence of the Housing Manager
- Works closely with other Housing Management and ASC employees to maintain standards specific to their buildings
- Be available for emergency calls and be able to respond adequately.
- Is able to set up and carry out preventative maintenance programs.
- Refills paper dispensers and empties all trash receptacles, cardboard and recycling
- Locks doors and turns lights off
- Know and support ASC’s Guiding Principles and Greentrack, ASC’s environmental management system.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years’ experience in custodial work required
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Ability to operate a computer proficiently (Microsoft Office programs)
- Ability to understand and communicate in verbal and written English required
Supervision given and received
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Works under direct supervision of the Housing Operations Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand or be on your feet, kneel and bend for extended periods of time
Regularly work in adverse conditions and required to use protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials as well as an office environment and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
Year Round: Salaried & Hourly (Full Time)
This position is categorized as a regular full-time position eligible for the following benefits:
Enrollment dates differ across the various programs.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Programs
- Flexible Spending Account Programs
- Life Insurance Programs
- Paid Time Off Programs
- Paid Leave Programs
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Ski Pass and Dependent Ski Passes
- Other company perks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company’s benefits and other compensation visit
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety
Apply for the job now!