Job title: LEAD CATERING & CONFERENCES PLANNER
Company: Compass Group
Job date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:34:00 GMT
Location: Chicago, IL
Expected salary: $29.81 per hour
Job description: Salary: $29.81 / hour
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
The Lead Catering & Conference Services Planner will be responsible for establishing a welcoming and professional atmosphere for all clients within in a corporate work environment. Our team provides a one-stop shop experience for our clients which provides a single point of contact for them to book their meeting space and any additional requests for their meeting. The Lead Planner will provide direct support to the Senior Leadership Team and will be the next point of contact to support clients & Planners.
- Catering & Conference Services:
- Manage and oversee top client & VP meetings & events throughout the Conference Center, which includes assigning Planners to meetings, detailing meetings, scheduling, and provide day of support to clients
- Single point of contact for top client markets & VP’s to reserve their conference rooms and detail all aspects of their meeting for a seamless meeting experience.
- Utilize the room reservation system (EMS) to ensure all meeting details are input into the system to provide a single resource for information for all teams.
- Oversee day of meetings to ensure rooms are setup correctly with the proper equipment and amenities.
- Knowledgeable about catering menus to be able to place catering orders for upcoming meetings and training sessions.
- Oversee the weekly BEO Meetings
- Process reservations in the shared mailbox
- Answer telephones on the central Reservation to process room reservations and facilities requests for clients
- Run daily reports for internal use to ensure all rooms and catering is set up per the meeting request and BEO
- Provide assistance to Senior Leadership to pull utilization reports on a regular basis
- Run weekly reports for internal teams to ensure they are aware of upcoming meetings
- Participate & lead daily, weekly, and monthly meetings
- Other Responsibilities
- Main point of contact and backup for the Senior Leadership Team when they are unavailable to assist a client
- Capable of making decisions regarding requests from clients when senior leadership isn’t available
- Collaborate with management and fellow Lead Conference Services & Catering Coordinators to enhance the Conference Center
- Provide direct support to General Manager to oversee the configuration and maintaining regular audits of conference rooms and inventory within EMS
- Assist and develop training manuals and job aids for the Conference Center
- Assess and determine ways to streamline efficiencies and processes within the Conference Center
- Train colleagues and new hires on how to detail meetings & events throughout the Conference Center
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of two to three years’ experience in a conference center or corporate environment
- One to two years with leadership & management experience of overseeing a team of one to ten team members
- At least two years hotel or conference center experience and experience with catering
- A genuine sense of hospitality, with a commitment to delivering the Platinum Service® Standard in all aspects of the planner’s job, and excellent phone skills.
- Exceptional client service skills to exceed expectations
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of office technology / equipment, experience with conference center reservation system (EMS)
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Flik maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Flik Hospitality are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1279713
Flik Hospitality Group
JEANNE M LANE
Apply for the job now!