Job title: General Manager – Neighborhood Pizzeria and Italian Restaurant $60-70K+
Company: Gecko Hospitality
Job date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 23:52:39 GMT
Location: Newtown, PA
Expected salary: $75000 – 90000 per year
Job description: Job Description
HIRING NOW! Restaurant Manager – Authentic Italian Cuisine – Newtown, PA
Expanding Restaurant – Privately-Owned, Multiple Locations
Summary of Position:
Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous
- service at all times.
- Ensure all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and
- sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive,
- productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation
- procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are
- followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring all
- positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
Team Builder and Motivator: A good manager will build a team environment with his
or her employees. Also be able to motivate his or her team with positive results.
Effective Communicator: A good manager must be able to communicate with their
team and customers effectively. The manager must be able to deliver directions to team
members that are understood the first time. They must be able to listen to their employees and interpret what was communicated to them.
Organized and Focused: A good manager stays focused on the task at hand, while
providing customer service, managing their team, and managing the operations of the
business all at the same time.
Customer Service Oriented: A good manager must put his or her customers first. They need to know how to build customer relationships, provide exceptional service, and resolve customer issues quickly.
Leadership: A good manager provides leadership to their team, while allowing the team members to do their jobs and develop new skills.
Base Salary: Up to $75-90K depending on experience
Bonus program to commence quarter after initial hire. The bonus is to be paid quarterly. Currently the shared management bonus pool is based on 1.5% of sales with budgeted sales and profits being the benchmark. The criteria/parameters will likewise be reviewed and adjusted semi-annually, as warranted.
You will earn up to 1 week paid vacation during the calendar year.
After year 1 you can accrue 1 additional day per quarter of employment.
Vacation weeks cannot be taken concurrently and do not accrue beyond 12 months after being earned.
Send resumes directly to email@example.com for immediate consideration
As part of our recruiting process, we may contact you regarding positions we feel are a good fit or engage with you via SMS text message. By clicking to submit your application, Gecko Hospitality has your consent to communicate via SMS text message moving forward.
Terms of Service are available at
Message and data rates may apply, depending on your mobile phone service plan. For more help reply “HELP” to your texts or you can opt-out by replying STOP
Meet Your Recruiter
Matt Bodnar began his career by quickly identifying himself has an up-and-coming Hospitality Operations Leader. From 2013 to 2018, he managed small and large-scale events on Yachts in New York Harbor, oversaw Concession-style service in a sports arena, and managed Food & Beverage at an upscale, boutique hotel in Manhattan, before moving to Philadelphia and entrenching himself in the Philly food scene. He switched gears into Talent Acquisition and recruiting, utilizing his operational experience to connect with and identify top talent in the industry. He is thrilled to be joining the Gecko Hospitality team, supporting the Restaurant Division in Eastern PA/DE.
Matt describes himself as a “Food Guy”. He loves to cook, eat, garden, watch Food Network and connect with professionals in the business. Other hobbies include playing golf and basketball, hiking/camping/just about anything outside, snowboarding, listening to music and spending time with friends and family (hopefully soon). He is extremely service and relationship-oriented, and strives to anticipate client needs and guide a seamless partnership through placement after placement.
Since 2000, Gecko Hospitality and its dedicated Franchise Partners and Recruiters throughout the United States and Canada have been pioneers in the hospitality recruiting industry. The value that Gecko Hospitality provides to its clientele is evident in the advanced networking and technology skills our professional recruiters possess in identifying qualified restaurant professionals.
Apply for the job now!