Job title: Front Desk Supervisor
Company: 21c Museum Hotels
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 23:13:59 GMT
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Job description: If you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for you. The starting wage for this position is $18 per hour.
Reports To: Front Office Manager/Rooms Manager
Supervises: Front Desk Agents
General Purpose: The Front Desk Supervisor handles internal and external guest issues, in the absence of the manager. Operating primarily from the front desk, this position ensures all front desk functions are completed accurately and efficiently and sees that any major guest complaints or employee complaints are properly communicated and documented to the management staff. The Front Desk Supervisor also acts as a liaison between Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Engineering, and ensures that all requests to these departments are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns. Manages front office staff during appropriate shifts.
- Oversees all day to day operations of Front Desk staff, insuring that all established front office and hotel policies are followed.
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guests are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the suite for the next sell.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses in person and on telephone.
- Operates the PBX equipment by answering incoming calls within two (2) rings, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Maximizing revenue in each phone/desk transaction.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Processes all guest mail, messages and faxes by receiving, sorting, notifying and distributing to mailboxes and to guests in order to ensure the information is received by the guests in the most timely and accurate method possible.
- Reviews all guest issues, contacts appropriate department for resolution, determines recovery, follows up with guest, and maintains log of the incident. Reports issues to manager, escalating immediately when appropriate.
- Contributes and maintains established information and communication sources such as department and front desk log books in order to enhance department communications and operations.
- Ensures that the AM shift and PM shift sheet is completed each day.
- Know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
- Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.
- Standard office equipment including but not limited to: telephone, copier, POS, PC, fax machine, and PBX system.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year previous experience as a front office supervisor or minimum of two years front office experience in hotel work.
21c Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
Apply for the job now!