Job title: Front Desk Agent
Company: Legacy Hospitality Inc
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 23:38:36 GMT
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Expected salary: $15 per hour
Job description: Job Title: Front Desk Clerk (GSA)
Department: Front Office
Reports To: Assistant General Manager, General Manager
Summary/ Objective: To give our best service to our customers by expertly greeting the guest, helping guest with the registration process, assisting guest during stay, and efficiently checking guest out. Works closely with all departments in order to ensure guest has a carefree and memorable experience. Know the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property. Follow hotel credit-checking procedures.
Essential Functions: * Register guests and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible.
- Assist in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper credit, check-cashing and cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Understand room status and room status tracking.
- Know room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Possess a working knowledge of the reservations department. Take same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Know cancellation procedures.
- Know how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Post and file all charges to guest, master, and city ledger accounts.
- Use proper telephone etiquette
- Use proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Read and initial the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attend department meetings.
- Coordinate guestroom maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division
- Report any unusual occurrences or request to the manager or assistant manager
- Know all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies
- Maintain the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- And all other duties as assigned
Competencies: * Problem Solving/ Analysis
- Customer/ Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
- Stress Management/ Composure
- Communication Proficiency
Supervision Exercised: None
High school diploma or GED Certificate
Customer service background
Hotel- related experience preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply for the job now!