Job title: Front Desk Agent
Company: Pyramid Hotel Group
Job date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 08:22:44 GMT
Location: Roanoke, VA
Expected salary: $13.5 – 15.25 per hour
Job description: Location Description
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center is a magnificent and storied hotel nestled in the heart of Roanoke, Virginia. Built in 1882, the Tudor-style hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a member of the International Association of Conference Centers. With its grand architecture and captivating history, the hotel stands as a testament to timeless elegance. Boasting a total of 329 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites, the Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center offers a range of accommodation options to suit the needs of every guest.
In addition to its accommodations and dining options, the Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center features exceptional facilities for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel boasts over 63,000 square feet of flexible event space, making it an ideal venue for conferences, weddings, and other special occasions. State-of-the-art audiovisual equipment, professional event planning services, and attentive staff ensure that every event is a resounding success.
Overall, with its rich history, elegant accommodations, exceptional dining options, and prime location, the Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center stands as a premier destination for travelers seeking a blend of luxury, comfort, and charm.
We are looking for a highly motivated individuals to join our Guest Services team as a Guest Services Agent. The ideal candidate uses their engaging personality to create a memorable first impression for our guests as they arrive for the first time and throughout their stay. In offering a warm welcome to our hotel/resort, the Guest Services Agent assists with the unloading of guest’s luggage and provides a source of knowledge for the guest for everything about the hotel, its amenities, and the local area as they assist the guest to their room.
If you are a person who enjoys engaging with people from all over the world and making meaningful connections, as well as taking steps to “WOW” people, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow a career in hospitality with a world-class property. Shift is 7:00 am to 3:00 pm , with possible midshift coverage 12:00 pm to 8 pm (when buisness needs dictate)
- Help guests discover their “Wanderlust” experience
- Provide exceptional customer service by being engaging and taking sincere interest
- Interacts with all guests. The bell person/ guest services attendant will welcome each guest to our hotel.
- If guests are arriving by motor vehicle, you will open their door as you welcome them to the resort/hotel
- You will be escorting and orienting the guest to the front desk for check-in.
- You will park and retrieve guests vehicles as requested
- Upon check-in, you will escort the guests and their luggage to their room. As you do so, you will be explaining our amenities and fun facts they should know about our hotel.
- You will be working together with other attendants to ensure each guest has a personalized experience and will “dive” to open the door for all guests.
- Assist lobby attendant in keeping entrance area clean and organized
- “Be the difference” with all guest and employees and do more than just “the norm”.
- A high attention to detail
- 2 years of customer service experience required, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Preference given for Hilton OnQ PMS System
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A strong desire to make an impact on other people.
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- Computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift.
- Must be available to work various shifts including weekends and holidays.
The compensation for this position is $13.50/Hr. – $15.25/Hr. based on qualifications and experience.
Apply for the job now!