Job title: Executive Kitchen Manager
Company: Mike Anderson’s Hospitality Group
Job date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 00:36:15 GMT
Location: Prairieville, LA
Expected salary: $75000 – 100000 per year
Job description: Benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Bonus based on performance
- Company parties
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts
- Health insurance
- Opportunity for advancement
- Paid time off
Our Vision: To share great experiences with our team and with our guests.
Mike Anderson’s Seafood – Ascension is actively looking to “hook” an Executive Kitchen Manager (leader)… A Captain of the Ship!
We are a family-run business that has been serving, famous, South Louisiana cuisine since 1975.
The Executive Kitchen Manager is one of the most important roles at Mike Anderson’s. As such, the EKM must always lead by example and be an ambassador of our culture and business by holding true to our vision very, single day. The EKM leads, manages and commands the kitchen, prep, catering, and events team members and business. As well as overseeing kitchen, prep, catering and events operations.
Key priorities for the Executive Kitchen Manager are maintaining and growing excellence in both team member and guest experiences.
We are looking for a dynamic, hands-on leader who embraces an ownership mentality and that has the competencies necessary to be successful in this position. As a leader with Mike Anderson’s there is a great growth potential. We are looking for a leader who wants to be a part of an organization where they can truly shape their future.
FOR YOU…AMAZING BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays of with family (New Year’s Day, Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Company matched 401k up to 4%
- Phone allowance
- Meal allowance
- Discounted hotel rooms
FOR OUR BUSINESS…DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership and Team Management
- Leads by example and works with a sense of urgency
- Teaches, supervises, coaches, and counsels kitchen team members
- Holds team accountable
- Maintains appropriate levels of team members
Operations, Order, Catering, and Creativity
- Encompasses the great and necessary O.C.O. characteristic – Obsessive Compulsive Order!!!
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the back of house, kitchen, catering and prep
- Maintains and preserves the consistency and quality of recipes, menu items, and specifications
- Create and develop new recipes and menu items for restaurant and events (optional)
- Oversees all opening and closing daily and weekly duties to ensure they are completed correctly
- Cleanliness, organization, and maintenance are preserved
- Ensures all menu items are made according to established specifications and delivered to guests in a timely manner
- Maintains food safety and sanitation standards
Financial and Inventory
- Use Restaurant365 inventory system to assist with pars, ordering and managing finances.
- Handles inventory and maintenance of par levels for food and stock
- Develops and monitors daily, weekly, and annual sales projections to stay on track with restaurant budget
- Creates the best dining experience possible for guests while optimizing profits for Mike Anderson’s
- Manages food cost, waste, and team member scheduling and performance
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required
- ServSafe certification
- Responsible Vendor Training
- Valid Driver’s License
- At least 5 years of experience working as a high volume Kitchen Manager required
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate progressive career responsibilities and have held in prior work experiences, like and similar duties
- Must be proficient with an inventory system, Microsoft Office, and other general computer systems
If you are an ideal candidate for this position you will be passionate about:
- Keeping relevant and building an Original South LA organization
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- High-energy and creative, who possesses excellent team member and guest service skills, is especially effective in this position
- Delegating responsibility appropriately
- Working in a high-volume and fast paced environment
- Thinking outside of the box. Creating new and exciting menu items and experiences for our guests (optional).
- Holding yourself to the highest standards of integrity
- Team Member and Guest Satisfaction
Thank you for your consideration in Mike Anderson’s. We are hoping to meet you soon!
Apply for the job now!