Job title: Event Activation Manager
Company: Sherman Associates
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 01:28:17 GMT
Expected salary: $65000 per year
Job description: The Hotel Zamora, a beautiful boutique hotel located in St. Pete Beach, FL is seeking an experienced Food & Beverage Supervisor to lead staff in restaurant, banquet and bar services. The Hotel Zamora is under new ownership and management with Sherman Associates, an accomplished and proven real estate development and management company. Our commitment to people and our vision for the future, combined with our history of success spanning decades, makes Sherman Associates who we are today. With stunning views overlooking the Intercoastal Waterway and Gulf of Mexico, the Hotel Zamora provides a luxurious retreat for its guests. Besides relaxing in the beautifully appointed guest rooms, our guests experience intuitive service in our Rooftop Lounge, Sidewalk Restaurant, Private Dining, and Meeting/Banquet space.
We are seeking a Event Activation Manager who is dynamic and experienced in sales & activation, and a sales mindset, with a specific focus on guest room and event sales. This individual will play a crucial role in driving strategies, fostering collaborations, and leveraging sales expertise to enhance overall business growth, with particular attention to guest room and event sales initiatives.
Schedule: Monday-Friday (May require evenings and weekends depending on events)
- Creates comprehensive strategies aligning with overall business objectives.
- Execute plans with a focus on events, activations, co-branding, and partnerships, incorporating social media support and sales-driven elements to impact guest room and event sales strategies.
- Lead end-to-end planning and execution of activation events, ensuring meticulous management of details.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate logistics, budgets, and timelines for successful events, incorporating sales strategies related to both guest room and event sales.
- Identify and establish co-branding opportunities and partnerships aligned with brand and marketing goals.
- Collaborate with external partners to create mutually beneficial initiatives, ensuring a cohesive brand message with elements supporting guest room and event sales objectives.
- Develop and implement brand activation initiatives within events to increase brand visibility and engagement, leveraging co-branded content, partnerships, and sales-driven tactics, including those related to guest room and event sales.
- Identify target audiences for events and develop strategies to engage and build relationships, utilizing sales-driven approaches, particularly in the context of guest room and event sales.
- Utilize various channels, including social media and email marketing, to promote events and drive attendance with a focus on guest room and event sales conversion.
- Ensures effective communication of client needs from sales department to appropriate operational departments.
- Provides follow-up calls and correspondence to clients to encourage repeat business/customer referrals.
- Works as a team player and interacts with all internal and external customers in a friendly/efficient manner.
- Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
- Adheres to Sherman Associates attendance policy, grooming and appearance standards, general work rules, and department procedures.
- Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing, and prioritizing work duties.
Experience and Skills:
- 2-4 years marketing and partnership experience
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing
- Background in graphic design, production and marketing strategy preferred
- Knowledge of the geographic area is preferred, or demonstrated ability/process for learning new geographic areas is required
- Knowledge Adobe Creative Suite is advantageous
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, and POS Systems
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; Ability to communicate effectively with community partners, vendors, external parties, and across internal divisions
Sherman Associates strives to lead the market in the benefits we offer. In addition to medical, dental, vision and supplemental benefits, what sets us apart includes
- Low Deductible Health Insurance Plans
- Fully paid short term disability
- Fully paid life insurance
- Additional Supplemental Insurance Policies including
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness
- Hospital Indemnity
- Long-Term Disability
- Pet insurance
- Fully paid employee assistance program
- Fully vested 401k company match program
- 9 Paid holidays and competitive PTO program (starting at 15 days annualized)
- Starbucks and Hotel discounts
- Charitable giving strategy with corporate match
Sherman Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply.
This job advertisement is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Only applicants who complete our application process will be considered for employment. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
Apply for the job now!