Job title: Director of Sales and Marketing – Limelight Denver
Company: Limelight Hotels
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:20:32 GMT
Location: Denver, CO
Expected salary: $103237 – 144531 per year
Job description: Company Description
Owned and operated by Aspen Hospitality, Limelight Hotels are your home base in the places you want to explore most. The contemporary properties are set in the heart of authentic outdoor and urban communities, and each hotel is deeply connected to its surroundings – offering a unique adventure for every guest. The guest experience is an intentional journey and the elevated, yet unpretentious nature of the stay allows guests to feel nurtured and at ease. A constant across all properties is a commitment to sustainability, unmatched hospitality, and access to an Adventure Concierge to ensure a memorable stay. Limelight’s pet-friendly hotels are located in Aspen, Colorado, just steps from the downtown core; Snowmass, Colorado, offering ski-in/ski-out access to the mountain; Ketchum, Idaho, near the base of Sun Valley’s famed ski area and walking distance to town; and in Downtown Denver, Colorado, adjacent to Union Station. Two new Limelight Hotels are slated to open in Mammoth, California, and Boulder, Colorado in 2025. Learn more at .
This position has an overall responsibility to lead the property sales and marketing efforts to achieve and exceed hotel revenue goals, while managing, mentoring and further developing sales/event/marketing team members and acting as a key representative for the Limelight Hotels to local, national and international organizations to further develop our position in the marketplace. This role is based in Denver, CO.
As a key member of the management team, the ideal candidate will be creative, energetic and a knowledgeable professional who will be fundamental to the ongoing success of the Limelight Hotels and the Aspen Hospitality division.
The budgeted salary range for this position is $103,237-$144,531. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
Job Posting Deadline
Applications for this position will be accepted until March 31, 2024.
Essential Job Functions
- Divisional leader for the following departments: Transient, Group & Onsite Event Sales
- Responsible for each property’s reactive and proactive sales efforts, providing day-to-day leadership to Sales and Event managers to achieve hotel sales objectives and revenue goals
- Create an effective strategy to ensure the hotel’s profitability in all market conditions through sales and marketing tactics
- Develop personal and team sales goals and strategies and ensure alignment with the brand business strategy
- Create and implement short and long-term marketing strategies to meet sales team goals and annual sales targets
- Actively seek new business using marketing campaigns, telemarketing, e-commerce, site visits, and other methods
- Execute sales strategies for Guestrooms, Meetings and Onsite Events to ensure individual and team booking goals are achieved
- Assist leaders of hotel revenue-generating departments in the development of effective revenue strategies and provide team and individual strategic direction to achieve budgeted revenue goals
- Ongoing research of competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy, RevPAR and increased overall market share for the hotel
- Facilitate sales strategy meetings to provide and solicit team input weekly
- Be a leader in the implementation, development and team member training on Sales Account Management platforms, Property Management Systems and new technologies introduced to the organization to further develop our industry positioning
- Regularly review STAR reports, Inntopia Destimetrics reports, ASC leadership reports, and ACRA and community leadership reports to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position and develop short-term and long-term strategies to enhance the Limelight Hotels’ position in the local and regional marketplace
- Serve as property authority on sales procedures, group contracting and event operations and actively participate in those procedures as needed to help the team achieve revenue goals and overall client satisfaction
- Participate in sales calls with members of the hotel and community Sales and Marketing teams to acquire new business and/or close pending potential business
- Develop annual revenue budget for the hotel with the Revenue Management team, VP of Sales, Limelight Sales team members, Finance team members and the hotel General Manager.
- Develop personal and team sales goals and strategies and ensure annual budgeted Perform other job duties as assigned
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related degree.
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years experience in hotel or destination resort sales and marketing or related professional area
- Previous experience as Director of Sales for a urban hotel group in the Denver market
- Results oriented with a proven track record in driving RevPAR
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Time management / organizational skills
- Computer Skills including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Delphi, HMS-Infor preferred
- Multi-property management experience is a plus
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours and days
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision Given: This position directly supervises sales team, including Sales Managers, Event Sales Managers and Sales Coordinators. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, frequent and detailed review of work, training, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervision Received: Works under limited supervision of the General Manager, with a dotted line to the Aspen Hospitality VP of Sales. Receives guidance in terms of broad goals and overall objectives and is responsible for establishing strategical methods to attain them. Can formulate policies but does not necessarily have final authority for approval. Review of work is not detailed and emphasizes accomplishment of broad work objectives, rather than specific assignments.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
- No adverse or hazardous conditions
- Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance
This position is categorized as a regular full-time position eligible for the following benefits:
Enrollment dates differ across the various programs.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Programs
- Flexible Spending Account Programs
- Life Insurance Programs
- Paid Time Off Programs
- Paid Leave Programs
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Ski Pass and Dependent Ski Passes
- Other company perks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company’s benefits and other compensation visit
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety
Apply for the job now!