Job title: Director of Sales
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Job date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 04:12:40 GMT
Location: Dallas, TX
Expected salary: $90000 per year
Job description: Job Summary
Aimbridge Hospitality is actively recruiting a Director of Sales to join our team at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Park Central! The ideal candidate is an experienced sales leader who knows the corporate market and has experience selling premium-branded hotels with event space. Working knowledge of Hilton hotels is icing on the cake!
The Embassy Suites Dallas Park Central has 279 beautifully modern guest rooms and over 11,000 SF of meeting space. The DOS will be proactively selling for the hotels as well as leading the sales team. If you’re looking to get in with the nation’s largest third-party management company, now is the time! Aimbridge is a place to GROW, SUCCEED, and BELONG. Join us! #aimhigher #hiltonsales #hotelsales
The Aimbridge WAY!
You bring the passion, motivation, and drive and we will bring the opportunities!! Aimbridge will get you where you want to go and help you reach places in your career you might have never imagined were possible! When you join the Aimbridge Family, you’re working with the best of the best! It’s a mark of distinction. Our diverse business is full of energy, excitement, and rapid growth—just like a career with Aimbridge! Join a team where every day brings new opportunities to help create memorable experiences, ways to succeed, and great people to inspi!re you. We are a place to GROW, a place to BELONG, and a place to SUCCEED! That is #theAimbridgeWAY!
The Director of Sales-Select Service has direct oversight of sales and marketing operations for a Select Service hotel. This role has the responsibility to achieve optimal occupancy and ADR growth to maximize total revenue while meeting/exceeding hotel profit objectives. This individual will oversee operations of the hotel sales department including but not limited to direct sales follow-up sales administration hiring of staff training managing and coaching. Additional responsibilities include sales and marketing budget forecast advertising marketing and business plans for no more than one Select Service hotel; manages within approved plans and budgets.
Annual compensation starts at $90,000 (BOE) plus a quarterly incentive plan!
- At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales experience preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the applicable state.
- Must possess highly developed verbal & written communication skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills: opening probing supporting closing
- Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and manage people of diverse socioeconomic cultural disability and ethnic backgrounds while solving complex problems and creating a productive sales team
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations; maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Coordinate all group transient and catering sales solicitations and bookings to maximize overall revenue.
- Develop recommend implement and manage the division’s annual budget and the advertising public relations marketing and sales plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate occupancy and food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
- Proactively conduct outside sales calls conduct sales tours and entertain clients.
- Understand the content reflected in contracts and how to negotiate terms therein.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitality’s established regulations company standards sales standards and sales metrics related.
- Comply with attainment of individual goals as well as team goals and budgeted metrics.
- Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy and revenue.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the hotel including Sales Food and Beverage Front Office and Reservations.
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations.
- Attend and/or conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management providing training on a rotational basis.
- Maintains professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication relationships to achieve initiatives with respective marketing partner(s) and other internal departments (i.e. Second Wave Aimbridge Digital or Branded field marketing).
- Travel on a weekly basis as required.
- Act as directed on behalf of the General Manager in his/her absence; performing any other duties as requested by management.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Apply for the job now!