Job title: Director of Property Operations/Engineering – Embassy Suites-Downey
Job date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 06:23:29 GMT
Location: Downey, CA
Expected salary: $80000 – 90000 per year
Job description: Oversees the upkeep, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.
What will I be doing?
As a Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the upkeep, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Conducts walk-throughs to visually and physically assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and any other related equipment.
- Assigns and verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house space and grounds. Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects to public and back of the house areas.
- Hires, trains, supervises, allocates personnel, communicates departmental/individual job goals and criteria of job performance, appraises, and if necessary, disciplines department staff and all other staff under the direction of Property Operations, such as Panders, Carpenters Plumbers, Upholsterers ad Grounds Keepers, etc.
- Informs General Manager and hotel department heads, on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent and cost-effective proposals for maintaining the same. Accesses and inputs information into a computer and generates reports.
- Adheres to all Corporate required budgets, purchasing policies and controls, to include all outside contractor bids, and schedules.
- Maintains and documents effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day and, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
· Medical Insurance Coverage – for you and your family
· Mental Health Resources
· Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Go Hilton travel discount program
· Supportive parental leave
· Matching 401(k)
· Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
· : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
· Career growth and development
· Team Member Resource Groups
· Recognition and rewards programs
*Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement if applicable.
The annual salary range for this role is $80,000- $90,000 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Apply for the job now!