Job title: Convention Services Manager – Meetings Impact
Company: Destination Cleveland
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 08:13:05 GMT
Location: Cleveland, OH
Expected salary: $55000 – 65000 per year
Job description: Description:
Annual Salary: $65,000
Bonus Potential: 4%
As unapologetic promoters of Cleveland, the Destination Cleveland team works every day to attract visitors, inspire both visitors and locals alike to explore, and connect people to experiences that illustrate Cleveland’s diversity, creativity, and contagious passion. We’re in the business of equitably growing the region’s economy through travel and tourism while also cultivating a passion for Greater Cleveland. As the only organization charged with marketing Cleveland outside of the region, we never stop talking about the city. We know the region inside and out. We roll up our sleeves and get the job done for The Land. We’re a group of expectation-exceeding, fun-loving, innovative professionals.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a key member of Destination Cleveland’s Convention Services Team, the Convention Services Manager must be a customer service minded, solutions oriented, technologically savvy and strategic thinking professional. This role’s two primary responsibilities include servicing events identified as Meetings Impact Groups/Conventions booked within the sales department and being the event lead for designated Destination Cleveland hosted events. The role will work closely with events identified as Meetings Impact Events, which are groups that drive economic growth, attract talent to our job market, and change perceptions and awareness of Cleveland. They will provide convention services to external and internal accounts while maintaining a high level of quality, accuracy, and detail. This position is responsible for working with customers, local partners, and will generate new ideas to continuously improve the Convention Services sub-department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and deliver all Destination Cleveland services (pre, during and post details) for meetings and conventions that Destination Cleveland identifies as Meetings Impact Groups or Conventions as well as 150+ hotel room nights on peak as capacity allows.
- Work closely with the Destination Management team and internal Meetings Impact cohorts to collaborate on individual strategies to maximize broader community impact around meetings and conventions.
- Lead the planning and execution on assigned Destination Cleveland hosted events following the Services Department Events standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate all event logistics for assigned DC events including but not limited to securing event venues, registration management, coordinating audio visual logistics, food & beverage menus and conduct pre-planning meetings.
- Cohesively liaise with internal staff to discuss the vision and desired event goals while still adhering to the event budget.
- Leverage ways to highlight Destination Cleveland Partners at Destination Cleveland hosted events.
- Proactively build relationships with key stakeholders with the intent to build connectivity to identified meetings and conventions.
- Coordinates and conducts site inspections in Cleveland in partnership with key staff and key community members.
- Co-develop goals and KPIs for each meeting/convention identified for Meetings Impact and lead achievement of services related elements.
- Attend tradeshows when local business and community leaders are in attendance for Meetings Impact.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of intra-city facilities, attractions, and services available in the area to customers and acts as liaison for the customer and develop working relationships with key staff at these locations.
- Leverage meeting planner research and insights to inform opportunities to enhance relevant meetings and conventions.
- Work closely with clients to ensure their events are successful. Maintain communication with clients throughout the planning process. Consult with the group about any needs pertaining to their events (i.e., pre-promotion and promotional needs, unique venue options, partner referrals, attendance building materials, on-site staffing, and marketing materials, etc.). It is imperative that this role is proactive with our clients and anticipates their needs and provides solutions to their concerns.
- Liaise with vendors and stakeholders during the planning process to ensure event details are in order, while maintaining the event budget. Serve as a liaison between the hotel community, partners, vendors, and the client community for assigned events.
- Collaborate with the Meetings Marketing Team to determine appropriate attendee experience enhancements for identified VIP Groups and Conventions.
- Partner with Convention Sales Executives and clients to ensure his/her confidence and maintain a smooth Sales to Service turnover. Assist in re-booking conventions when possible.
- Provide financial numbers and reasoning to the Senior Director of Convention Services for the yearly budget process for services.
- Attend sales site visits to present Destination Cleveland offered services when applicable and be the logistical lead on definite convention site visits. Conduct site visits for meeting planners with the convention center, hotels, unique venues, area attractions, destination planning companies, city tours, etc.
- Ensure that post event evaluations are returned for all serviced conventions. Strive for excellent scores.
- Responsible for inputting service only definite bookings from general inquiries.
- Actively participate with local host committees for upcoming conventions and special events.
- Send leads and referrals to our partner companies for specific needs/services on behalf of the planner.
- Work with the partnership department to engage the partnership base and communicate the benefits of DMO partnership. Meet with partners as requested to offer advice on marketing to the convention calendar contacts and maximize partnership renewal.
- Assist in the generation and execution of any new ideas or initiatives for the Convention Services Department.
- Assist the Vice President of Convention Sales & Services Operations and the Senior Director of Convention Services on special projects as needed.
- Other duties as directed by the Vice President of Convention Sales & Services Operations and Senior Director of Convention Services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of event management experience OR 4+ years equivalent relevant work experience.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possesses a can-do attitude and can provide a high level of customer service.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Strong team player with ability to work independently as well.
- Non-Profit experience is not required, however is a plus for the role
- Expert level knowledge and experience of computer systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Maintains a professional image and manner with customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be flexible, resourceful and possess a keen ability to find solutions for our clients.
- Ability to fully grasp all departments at Destination Cleveland and how they can work in tandem to provide convention clients value to their events and attendees.
- Possess the ability to navigate more complicated networks of people all working for different organizations and bringing them together to achieve a common goal.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with the City of Cleveland and Northeast Ohio
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including evenings and weekends.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent talking and/or listening.
- Regular sitting
- Standing for events/tradeshows
- Occasional travel required.
- Occasional standing, walking and lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Requires close vision/viewing monitors.
Office environment; moderate noise. Offsite visits/appointments required.
Finalists will be asked to provide contact information for at least three professional references. Requirements:
Compensation details: 55000-65000 Yearly Salary
Apply for the job now!