Job title: Controller – Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg
Company: Schulte Hospitality Group
Job date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 05:32:52 GMT
Location: Perrysburg, OH – Toledo, OH
Expected salary: $55000 – 60000 per year
Job description: Job Title
Controller – Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg
Schulte Hospitality Group is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented Controller to join our team! SHG is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
What’s in it for you? When you join SHG you’ll be part of a team committed to an inclusive, employee-focused workplace that is invested in your development. We want you to feel engaged, empowered, and excited to grow with us. After all, we believe our greatest and most valuable asset is our people! SHG provides a rewarding, fun and flexible work environment, exciting perks, an atmosphere designed to encourage and promote career growth within the company and a robust benefit package including, but not limited to:
Work Today, Get Paid today, with Daily Pay!
Free Telemedicine and Virtual Mental Health care access for All Associates starting day one!
Multiple Health Insurance and Life Insurance options
401k Plan + Company Match
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Schulte Savings Marketplace Discounts on event tickets, electronics, gym memberships + more!
Our Company: Schulte Hospitality Group is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI).
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Lead and direct the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting and cost accounting.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for executive management team and Board of Directors.
- Ensure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors
- Manage commercial banking relationships to faDirecilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms.
- Monitors systems to ensure accuracy of data (e.g., outlet menu prices) and support the achievement of revenue goals.
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies.
- Provide visionary, strategic and functional leadership on behalf of finance and accounting across the organization, in accordance with strategic objectives.
- Actively serve as a key member of the executive leadership team.
- Perform various other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Five (5) years of accounting management experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- CPA preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic math skills
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI).
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel–Outlook a plus)
- Detail oriented; strives for excellence in all assignments
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect the accounting department
*The hiring process may consist of a phone interview, manager(s) interview, drug screen, background check, reference checks, and potential employment assessment. This job description is only intended to provide a general description of the benefits and compensation applicable to this position. Paid Time Off (PTO) is available for eligible associates in accordance with the Company’s Paid Time Off policy.Specific compensation and benefit details will be discussed during the interview process.
*Schulte Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HGI Toledo Perrysburg-21144
Apply for the job now!