Job title: Control Systems Engineer
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle
Job date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 00:43:16 GMT
Location: Stockton, CA
Expected salary: $116126 – 127739.04 per year
Job description: JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
About the Role
The Control Systems Manager is a proactive automation controls and technical leader focused on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance of conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, SCADA devices, and programs while leading a team of Control Systems Leads and Control Systems Technicians.
- Models safety standards and maintains an environment always focused on safety.
- Leads, trains, and supports Controls Systems team members as needed to develop individuals’ skills and expand team capabilities.
- Coordinate and plan work activities for the Controls Systems Team to accomplish network goals and objectives.
- Understand, maintain, and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks, such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, ASi Bus, motor control systems, servo drives, variable frequency drives, electrical distribution systems, building maintenance systems, and robotics.
- Works closely with building leaders to optimize building efficiency and uptime.
- Demonstrates flexibility to work various shifts and alternative work schedules as needed.
- Moves throughout the facility extensively during shift to attend equipment and team members as needed.
Essential functions include
- Analyze Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and partner with leaders for system performance issues across all operations.
- Act as the primary point of contact of escalation support for the Control Systems Team, during and after business hours, to help troubleshoot and repair all hardware or controls software systems within the building.
- Leverage 3rd party vendor relationships to restore operating systems when needed during critical downtime events.
- Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes.
- Implement process improvements or retraining to drive operational uptime and equipment efficiencies.
- Partner with other building Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building.
- Utilize data to deep-dive equipment trends and failure points to mitigate operational downtime.
- Use data to demonstrate production impacts when communicating technical issues and project timelines to key stakeholders.
- Participate in Automation Engineering (AE) conference calls and coordinate with AE central teams to ensure all required tasks are completed.
- Travel as required to support network needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Familiarity with programming software such as RSLogix5000 studio, FT View, and other controls software platforms.
- Systems controls design or programming, systems integration, field service engineering, or systems training experience.
- Knowledge identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying motor controls including motor starters, variable frequency drives (VFDs), direct current (DC) drives, and standard electrical components.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial electrical systems, including 480V 3-phase, 110V AC, and 24V DC systems.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Flexibility to work various shifts and alternative work schedules as needed.
- Must be authorized to work within the hiring country without requiring company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Knowledge of industrial robotics, industrial controls components, and advanced automated equipment, including conveyors and sortation systems and automated storage and retrieval systems (ASRS).
- Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, programming, and designing HMI and control network components.
- Knowledge identifying, maintaining, and utilizing SCADA systems.
- Experience interpreting, modifying, and developing mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Familiarity with robotics work cells and associated control systems.
- Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods and walk extensively throughout the facility during shift.
- Requires repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Requires lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 49 pounds
- Requires dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include working at elevated heights, small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Estimated compensation for this position is:
116,126.00 – 127,739.04 USD per year
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
On-site –Stockton, CA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit .
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page
I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.