Job title: Company Meeting Sr. Specialist
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 04:15:27 GMT
Location: Raritan, NJ
Expected salary: $76000 – 121900 per year
Job description: Medical Device Business Services, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Company Meeting Sr. Specialist to support our Ethicon business. The position will be based in Raritan, NJ and may require travel up to 30%.
J&J Medical Device Companies: As the world’s most comprehensive medical devices business, we are building on a century of experience, merging science and technology, to shape the future of health and benefit even more people around the world. With our unparalleled breadth, depth and reach across surgery, orthopedics, and interventional solutions, we’re working to profoundly change the way care is delivered. We are in this for life. For more information, visit www.jnjmedicaldevices.com
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies’ purpose is to reach more patients and restore more lives. Having advanced patient care for more than a century, these companies represent an unparalleled breadth of products, services, programs and research and development capabilities in surgical technology, orthopedics, cardiovascular and specialty solutions with an offering directed at delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide.
The Company Meeting Sr. Specialist will support the Ethicon business units and be responsible for the planning, organizing and implementation of critical internal company meetings across a variety of departments.
This individual will collaborate and align with their Manager, Event Operations, Company Leadership teams, sales and marketing associates and other business partners on the strategic execution of internal company meetings. This includes responsibility for consistency in delivery and high-quality events, and ensuring compliance to all company, legal, regulatory and HCC policies.
This individual will be involved with site visits to the event locations and providing recommendations/solutions to the Event Lead(s), partnering with production companies to execute all audio, visual and graphic design elements of the meeting, overseeing all third party vendors assisting with the execution of the meeting, organizing offsite activities, breakouts in support of the meeting objectives, managing the budget and updating the Event Lead(s) on a frequent cadence, managing invite lists and other important aspects for events, traveling to the events and managing the onsite logistics.
This role will partner with contracted staff to delegate and execute logistical components of the event such as attendee management, registration, hotel rooming lists, organizing event materials and shipping.
This role owns the oversight for all logistical execution and ensuring all stakeholders are aligned. Collaborates with stakeholders on the best recommendations for room setup, food service, audio visual and other event related items are supported.
Participates in the development and implementation of event policies and procedures ensuring they are in line with business policy. Responsible for reconciling all meeting invoices and overseeing payments are made through contracted event reconciliation team.
Effectively utilizes creative feedback mechanisms to assess impact of events and improve future events. Consults with various departments on possible events during business planning process.
· Partner with functional and commercial leaders to understand business strategy and commercial needs in partnership with the Manager, Event Operations.
· Collaborate with the development of the meetings annual footprint and communication of the strategic approach.
· Drive the accountability of compliance with internal policies and procedures to ensure consistency and operational efficiencies in collaboration with strategic partners.
· Monitor performance against business goals and budgets, provide frequent updates to Event Lead(s) on meeting activity, identify cost efficiency, and identify opportunities to maximize ROI. Providing frequent updates to Manager, Event Operations.
· Key advisor to business partners about overall meeting metrics.
· Facilitate strategic execution by tracking against the meetings key success indicators and managing expectations with the Event Lead(s).
· Knowledge of systems and processes to ensure business partners, strategic partner etc. are educated and consulted as needed.
· Minimum of 5 years in managing company meetings in the Life Sciences industry at a healthcare or life sciences organization.
· Detailed knowledge of event management practices, principles, and tools.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven experience in developing budgets and managing event financial reporting.
· Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals.
· Demonstrated ability to develop internal networks.
· Demonstrated experience working in a heavily matrixed environment.
· Experience and ability to partner with third party vendors and oversee execution of various scopes of work to execute events.
· BA/BS degree preferred.
· This position will be based in Raritan, NJ and will require up to 30% travel, sometimes on weekends, domestic and international.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $76,000 to $121,900.
This job posting is anticipated to close on February 13, 2024. The Company may however extend this time-period, in which case the posting will remain available on to accept additional applications.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s long-term incentive program.
Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
- Vacation – up to 120 hours per calendar year
- Sick time – up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington – up to 56 hours per calendar year
- Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays – up to 13 days per calendar year
- Work, Personal and Family Time – up to 40 hours per calendar year
Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: –
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit .]
Apply for the job now!