Job title: Chief Engineer – Angad Arts Hotel
Company: Schulte Hospitality Group
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 08:07:11 GMT
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Expected salary: $60000 – 65000 per year
Job description: Job Title
Chief Engineer – Angad Arts Hotel
Schulte Hospitality Group and Angad Arts Hotel is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented Chief Engineer to join our team! SHG is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
What’s in it for you? When you join SHG you’ll be part of a team committed to an inclusive, employee-focused workplace that is invested in your development. We want you to feel engaged, empowered, and excited to grow with us. After all, we believe our greatest and most valuable asset is our people! SHG provides a rewarding, fun and flexible work environment, exciting perks, an atmosphere designed to encourage and promote career growth within the company and a robust benefit package including, but not limited to:
Work Today, Get Paid today, with Daily Pay!
Free Telemedicine and Virtual Mental Health care access for All Associates starting day one!
Multiple Health Insurance and Life Insurance options
401k Plan + Company Match
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Schulte Savings Marketplace Discounts on event tickets, electronics, gym memberships + more!
Our Company: Schulte Hospitality Group is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures fulfillment of proactive preventative maintenance programs to brand standards including laundry equipment, heating and air conditioning units, ice machines, fire extinguishers/smoke alarms, plumbing
- Ensure the hotel’s maintenance and upkeep standards meet Graduate Brand and Guest standards
- Follow safe working practices and conditions
- Inspects guest rooms after preventative maintenance. Reviews any problems with maintenance staff. Maintains a current inventory of all supplies
- Maintains a work order assignment program for completed and pending work orders. Prioritizes and completes work orders in a timely manner. Monitors all deficiencies
- Ensures swimming pool and spa maintenance duties are performed according to brand standards and health department regulations
- Maintains the hotel grounds, curb appeal and building exteriors
- Assists other departments in fulfilling guest requests and resolving guest concerns
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of all contracted capital projects
- Educates hotel personnel on emergency procedures and safety precautions
- Hires, coaches and disciplines direct reports
- Participate in a consistent and regularly scheduled property walk through and report/ fix identified deficiencies within an appropriate time
- Function as a member of the emergency organization team and become an expert on life safety
- Be aware of fire, safety, and protection equipment/hazards
- Perform various other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years in Maintenance leadership position, preferably within hotels
- Preferred but not necessary: Two (2) years of college or trade school equivalent in a mechanical, electrical, and/or technical disciplines
- Certified pool operator certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel–Outlook a plus)
- Detail oriented; strives for excellence in all assignments
*The hiring process may consist of a phone interview, manager(s) interview, drug screen, background check, reference checks, and potential employment assessment. This job description is only intended to provide a general description of the benefits and compensation applicable to this position. Paid Time Off (PTO) is available for eligible associates in accordance with the Company’s Paid Time Off policy. Specific compensation and benefit details will be discussed during the interview process.
*Schulte Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Angad Arts Hotel St Louis-21092
$60-$65k + Incentive Plan
Apply for the job now!