Job title: Associate Director of Sales
Company: Hotel Teatro
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 08:02:43 GMT
Location: Denver, CO
Expected salary: $90000 – 95000 per year
Job description: Hotel Teatro
Hotel Teatro, Downtown Denver’s original boutique hotel, where modern amenities meet historic charm.
Director of Sales
Downtown Denver CO, 80202
Full Time – Onsite – Exempt Position
$90,000 – $95,000 + Bonus
Work With Us
At Hotel Teatro, we recognize that candidates for employment offer us a great deal more than the words on their resume. While your qualifications and past employment history are a part of our selection process, we place a great deal of emphasis on one’s personality, initiative, creativity, and entrepreneurship. These qualities help us develop a successful culture from which our business can thrive. In turn, this unique environment can provide the platform for your personal and professional growth.
Known as Denver’s original boutique hotel, Hotel Teatro is a 110-room independently owned and operated hotel in the heart of the Theatre District, just walking distance from Denver’s top attractions. With our exemplary service and beautiful historic architecture, we have been consistently rated one of the top four hotels in Denver on TripAdvisor.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Performance-based Annual Bonus
- Complimentary Parking
- RTD EcoPass
- Hotel and Restaurant Discounts
The Director of Sales is the leader of the Sales team. This leader will drive Group Sales, Catering and Negotiated Corporate Accounts. This position has the responsibility to achieve occupancy and rate goals to maximize revenue growth while meeting or exceeding hotel profit objectives. This individual will oversee the hotel Sales Managers and Catering Managers, including coaching and training.
- Sell hotel room nights, group meetings and associated food and beverage to corporate, leisure and association groups.
- Work with the Revenue Manager and Marketing Manager to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Supervise and direct the entire sales department to attract, retain and motivate the employees. Hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, and provide open communication.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with the Front Office and Reservations Departments.
- Provide product quality feedback to the General Manager.
- Maintain a positive image for the hotel in the marketplace and participate in community affairs.
- Solicit and service major business transient accounts and consortia accounts/relationships.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring the hotel’s annual budget.
- Working with the Revenue Manager and the Marketing Manager, collect and analyze marketing data to determine the hotel’s position within the marketplace and make recommendations for advertising and promotions. Measures results and corrects marketing spending on an ROI basis.
- Set individual and team goals to achieve budget metrics.
- Oversee Catering and Event Management teams to ensure Private Dining, Catering and Meeting room rental budgets are met or exceeded.
- Assist in the Service Recovery process by proactively resolving guest issues and notifying the supervisor on duty immediately.
- Identify and develop local partnerships for marketing and programming opportunities.
- Perform all other related duties/projects/reports as assigned by the General Manager. Implements policies and programs.
Education, Experience, Skills
· Six years minimum progressive hotel sales experience preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience
· Computer skills: Opera, Cvent, Knowland, Synxis, Ideas, Outlook, and Microsoft programs
· Highly developed verbal & written communication skills to frequently negotiate, sell and influence hotel guests and corporate clients
· Time management/organizational skills
Compensation details: 90000-95000 Yearly Salary
Apply for the job now!