Job title: Assistant Facilities Manager
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle
Job date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 05:50:40 GMT
Location: Nashville, TN
Expected salary: $52100 – 67950 per year
Job description: JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Assistant Facilities Manager
Location: Jackson, Tennessee
JLL is seeking an Assistant Facilities Manager in Jackson, Tennessee to assist in the delivery of services to operate and maintain the assigned properties including customer/client services, financial management, facility maintenance and procurement and supplier management.
What this job involves:
Site and Vendor Management
- Manage the site in accordance with all agreed policies, procedures and contract scope.
- Assist with vendor management for maintenance of janitorial, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, critical systems, HVAC, and others defined within the portfolio of respective sites.
- Support the Facility Manager in the implementation of short and long-term projects for the client.
- Maximize utilization of suppliers, preferred vendors/contractors and the level of spending with Minority/Women owned Business Enterprises. Coordinate discussions with vendors or suppliers regarding goal setting, performance criteria and performance review. Manage the maintenance of existing contracts.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and teamwork within service lines to coordinate and complete small projects.
- Enforce all Company policies and training requirements regarding safe and efficient operations and work practices.
- Implement and monitor hazard control and team safety practices, ensure compliance with local codes and regulations and Jones Lang LaSalle operations standards.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and teamwork within the account team, by including driving the development and implementation of IFM best practices and innovations.
- Support work order management for in house staff and vendors as necessary.
- Support facility soft services as needed and directed such as: meetings preparation, food services, logistics and building entry.
- Any other activities to support site operations, including, but not limited to: moves/reconfigurations, events, safety, reception and mail services.
Client Relationship Management
- Proactively develop and manage client relationships ensuring that expected service levels are achieved.
- Ensure client satisfaction with the delivery of Facility Management services and provide a lead role in monitoring and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Comply with all requirements of the client contract and meet or exceed key performance indicators.
- Deliver an exceptional quality of service to the client, as reflected by client feedback.
- Support the implementation of innovative programs and processes that reduce short and long term operating costs and increase productivity.
Finance Management / Cost Control / Profitability
- Assist the area/site manager to achieve or exceed financial targets and key performance indicators.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for the site/s as well as prepare monthly spend reports (actual vs. budget, variance etc.)
- Manage vendor purchase orders, invoices, and payments
- Help to develop and approve the annual capital plan for each building, interfacing closely with the client
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success.
- Proactively manage the site operations team
- Participate in performance management program, and personal development planning
- Act as an ambassador for JLL by behaving consistently with cultural and ethical requirements
- Lead, manage, develop and supervise a professional friendly, creative, energetic, and detail oriented team in the delivery of extraordinary events
- Provide excellent onboarding, training, and team building
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success
- Participate in the individual performance management program and personal development planning for members of the team
- Align with facilities leadership team as a manager and act in a manager capacity for anything at the site/s
- Act as an ambassador for JLL, adopting and maintaining the firm’s core values of Teamwork, Ethics and Excellence
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Facilities, Property, Business or related field desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in facilities management or related field.
- Proficient in a range of information technology tools and platforms.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you…
On-site –Jackson, TN, Memphis, TN
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit .
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page
I want to work for JLL.
Apply for the job now!