Job title: Assistant Director of Housekeeping
Company: Hospital Housekeeping Systems
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 07:54:21 GMT
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Expected salary: $50000 per year
Job description: Job Description:
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Salary: $50K per year
Weekend availability and resort housekeeping experience required
Assistant Director Housekeeper / Resorts Housekeeping Manager
Assist with leading a goal-oriented resort housekeeping department to create a team environment that is effective, productive, and rewarding. Together with your team, you will create a clean and comfortable environment for guests to enjoy their well-earned vacation. No housekeeping experience is required, just a willingness to learn.
- Be open-minded and ready to learn from your manager and team members alike
- Provide leadership that supports a team environment that fosters morale, passion, quality, and respect
- Lead and manage team member training, development, assignments, and schedules
- Perform daily inspections and assessments and coach and counsel team members
- Recruit team members who reflect our values and create a positive work environment that supports retention
- Communicate with resort and company leadership to set expectations and achieve goals
- Analyze data and make adjustments to meet facility, budget, and compliance goals
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Communication: Effective written, spoken, and non-verbal communication
- Customer Service: Service-oriented mentality with a focus on exceeding expectations
- Professionalism: Maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- Decision Making: Ability to quickly make sound decisions and judgments
- Proactivity: Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize projects and needs
- Team Player: Willingness to provide support where needed to achieve outcomes
- Business Ethics: Demonstrate integrity, respect, and discretion in all business dealings
- Organization: Attention to detail and ability to effectively manage tasks in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of hospitality management or relevant experience (Assistant Executive Housekeeper, Resorts Housekeeping Manager, Assistant Housekeeping Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Hospitality, Hotel Operations, Assistant General Manager)
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years in the hospitality industry
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Computer experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and various software
- Must be willing to relocate for promotion opportunities
Not Required But a Big Plus
- Proficiency in languages other than English, especially Spanish
Manage a team. Grow your career.
We don’t hire assistant directors, we hire future directors. There will be a lot to learn, but if you’re willing to put in the work you will succeed. Assistant directors typically are promoted within two years.
What We Offer
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee resource groups (ERGs)
- Career development and ongoing training
Important to Know
- Veterans and candidates with military experience are encouraged to apply.
- HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Who is HHS
HHS is a private, family-owned business dedicated to caring for its team members and providing honest, quality-driven customer service. Founded in 1975 as Hospital Housekeeping Systems, today HHS provides services including housekeeping, food, and facility management to nearly 1,000 customers across six industries.
We are growing rapidly and seeking motivated leaders to join us for the next stage of our journey. We support and encourage growth from within and believe that we have countless future leaders in our organization who are waiting for their next opportunity. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Team supports a work environment where individuals of all backgrounds are heard, respected, and encouraged to grow.
Apply for the job now!