Job title: Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist
Company: Sherman Associates
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 08:36:44 GMT
Expected salary: $64000 per year
Job description: Be a part of something great and find yourself At Home, At Sherman! We invite you to join our team as a dedicated Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist. This role directly supports our mission of building communities, enriching neighborhoods by partnering with our residential housing portfolio to review and approve affordable housing for those in need. We need someone who is very detail-oriented and has direct experience working with subsidized housing programs, such as HUD Section-8/42 and Iowa, Minnesota or Colorado Housing programs.
- Auditing process will consist of a thorough review of all regulatory compliance records in accordance with state, federal, and local regulations
- Program assessments and compliance reviews
- Responsible for inspecting all types of certification packets for completeness
- Traveling to other properties to help assist the property managers with compliance
- Completion in Annual Year End Reporting Requirements
- Enter resident records and generate essential certification within Real Page Software
- Maintains resident files in accordance with the applicable housing program regulations and Sherman Associates policies
- Posting of HAP Vouchers and adjustments
- Complies with all fair housing laws and communicate with appropriate outside finance entities
- Prepares various compliance reports to present to the Regional Director of Compliance, Director of Compliance, and Management/Operations.
- In collaboration with the Portfolio Compliance Manager as well as the site leadership, assumes responsibility for communicating resident and program information from the tenant/resident income certifications for accurate program data reporting to funders on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual basis, as prescribed by the specific funders
- Assists with Developing program compliance training to ensure Sherman Associates continues to adhere to upmost compliance standards
- Assists Compliance Specialist II & III with lease-up activities of new sites, which may include providing staffing support.
- Assist with training of property management staff
- Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing, and prioritizing work duties
- Works designated schedule and adheres to Sherman Associates attendance policy. Follows grooming and appearance standards, general work rules, and all policies/procedures
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and follows all safety and emergency procedures.
- Attends all required meetings and training sessions
- Demonstrates regular and consistent attendance as outlined by Sherman Associates policies and procedures. Provides regular recognition to team and/or co-workers
- Creative problem-solving skills, excellent organization and planning skills, sound judgment and the ability to make decisions
- Ability to deal with constantly shifting priorities, multiple tasks, and deadlines in a fast-paced and confidential working environment
- Maintains customer service and excellent relations with residents, internal customers, outside agencies or vendors, and organizations
- Must be respectful of resident privacy
- Works as a team player and interacts with all internal and external customers in a friendly/efficient manner
- Keeps management informed of critical deadlines, concerns, and suggestions for process improvement
Experience and Skills:
- 1-2 years of experience in compliance processes working with at least one affordable housing program.
- Understanding of Affordable Housing Programs (HUD / State Housing Programs) required.
- Has or has the ability to obtain state level compliance program certification within 1 year
- High school graduate / GED required; Post-Secondary education preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; Ability to communicate effectively with community residents, vendors / external parties, and across corporate divisions.
- Knowledge of Real Page or other related Property Management software (Yardi, Lead2Lease, OneSite Accounting, etc.) strongly preferred.
- As applicable, must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with insurance and safe DMV driving record.
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Sherman Associates.
- Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the portfolio.
Sherman Associates strives to lead the market in the benefits we offer. In addition to medical, dental, vision and supplemental benefits, what sets us apart includes:
- Low Deductible Health Insurance Plans
- Fully paid short term disability
- Fully paid life insurance
- Additional Supplemental Insurance Policies including
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness
- Hospital Indemnity
- Long-Term Disability
- Pet insurance
- Fully paid employee assistance program
- Fully vested 401k company match program
- 9 Paid holidays and competitive PTO program (starting at 15 days annualized)
- Starbucks and Hotel discounts
Sherman Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. This job advertisement is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Only applicants who complete our application process will be considered for employment. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
Apply for the job now!